5th Anniversary - 2010
GOT DIABETES - THINK HEALTHY LIFE
Diabetes is difficult, and not everyone is able to or have the support to manage this disease effectively. We all know that Awareness is a big part of taking control. Over the years our large scale awareness programs has been much appreciated, and it does create improvements in individual’s behaviour. However at Healthy Life Clinic we don’t stop there, and we are constantly thinking of innovative ideas to bring about changes in patients motivation and behaviour in order to improve diabetes management, detection and prevention.
Hence this year’s program is tailored to do just that. Please read on for details of our program.
- Healthy Life celebrates world Diabetes Day throughout the month of November.
- Daily blood sugar assessment (free)
- Individual consultations with Consultant Physician/ Endocrinologist/ GP / Paediatrician for diabetes management, detection or prevention and obesity management (only by prior appointment – booking fee will be taken)
- Individual discussions with diabetes educator nurse on diet, and lifestyle issues. (Free)
- Diabetic snacks
- Opportunity to interact with other diabetic patients who have successfully overcome diabetes.
- Month long discounts on diabetes and medical checkups, annual memberships and lab tests.
*Program may vary from day to day.
3rd December 2010
Diabetes and Health Awareness Program at Grand Oriental Hotel Colombo.
Chief Guest, Prof Chandriga Wijeratne, Chairperson of the Diabetes Prevention Task Force of the Ministry of Health, spoke about the Lifecycle approach to Diabetes, and the scope for prevention. This was followed by a most enlightening speech by our Guest Speaker, Prof C.S. Ramachandran who had come all the way from India. He spoke about the need for a change in our attitude towards how one deals with the dreaded disease of diabetes. This programme was well attended with well over 100 people. The program ended with low caloric light refreshments which were specially made by GOH.
See Image Gallery of 5th Anniversary events.